[CT Birds] Bald Eagles on the Naugatuck Riiver

REBECCA I HOROWITZ rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 13 19:56:40 EDT 2007

Today and yesterday, I've seen an adult Bald Eagle off Route 8, perched atop a tall tree on the eastern banks of the Naugatuck.  For the past 3 or 4 winters, I've had dozens of sightings here, while driving home from work.  If you're heading north on Route 8 take a quick glance at the River, at Seymour exits 20-22.  BVs are also commonly encountered here, or just to the north.

Regarding Trumpeter Swans, wasn't there one in May several years back, at the mouth of Housatonnic, perhaps at the Boat Launch and/or somewhere north of Short Beach?  My records AREN'T all that great.

Steve Mayo