[CT Birds] Robin eating from suet feeder

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 15:35:04 EDT 2007

I was watching a solitary robin this afternoon in my yard.  It was  feeding
on the ground under the suet feeder, picking up bits of the suet which  fell as
the woodpeckers and sparrows were eating from the suet  feeder.
 It flew up and clung to the suet feeder and started pecking and  eating the
suet.
I haven't ever observed a robin doing that.  Is that an unusual  feeding
behavior for the robins?   Usually I see them on the ground or  in the evergreens
eating berries.
Bev Propen
Orange