[CT Birds] American Woodcock and Fox Sparrows

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:43:16 EDT 2007

>From Scott Kruitbosch:
3/20 - Stratford yard - 1 AMERICAN WOODCOCK

There was no sign of any Woodcock this morning or this evening, but at 3:00
this afternoon I spotted one in the same wetlands area as the previous day.
The other species of note was a Hermit Thrush in the wetlands at about
10:00AM. Also, 2 Fox Sparrows were under my feeders at 9:00AM, but most of
the day there were about 300 Grackles at the feeders, with handfuls of
Redwings and Cowbirds thrown in. They drove off most of the typical birds,
but 1 Fox Sparrow returned in the evening.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
kbosch at gmail.com