[CT Birds] American Woodcock and Fox Sparrows

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Wed Mar 21 07:44:41 EDT 2007

Good Morning All,

Am I the only one in CT who does NOT have any fox sparrows? I am hoping they are still moving and I will have some spring fox sparrows.

Woodcocks and robins - I received another very emaciated woodcock 88 grams from Hamden should be around 200 !!! And an emaciated robin from Branford 46 grams. Unfortunately  the robin did not make it but the woodcock, amazingly, is rallying and starting to eat on his own and gain weight.

Tough times for these birds.

Jayne Amico/Southington