[CT Birds] First Day of Spring - Hammonasset

Sunrisebirding at aol.com Sunrisebirding at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 12:53:22 EDT 2007

>From Gina Nichol and Sunrise Birding Group:
3/21/2007 --  Madison, Hammonasset State Park - 3 PURPLE SANDPIPER, 1
BONAPARTE'S GULL,  EASTERN MEADOWLARK, ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK
Other species recorded:  American Black Duck, American Wigeon, Surf Scoter,
Common Goldeneye, Hooded  Merganser, Red-throated Loon, Double-crested
Cormorant, Great Blue Heron,  Northern Harrier, Black-bellied Plover, Killdeer,
Herring Gull, Great  Black-backed Gull, Mourning Dove, Blue Jay, American Crow,
Horned Lark,  Black-capped Chickadee, Carolina Wren, American Robin, Song Sparrow,
Red-winged  Blackbird, Common Grackle, Brown-headed Cowbird, American
Goldfinch, House  Sparrow, Harbor Seal. Opossum.

The Purple Sandpipers were on the rocks at the end of the Meig's Point
Jetty.  The lone Bonaparte's Gull was feeding on the beach at Meig's  Point.  The
Eastern Meadowlark flew across the big parking lot landing a  few times as it
moved in a northwesterly direction toward the marsh.  The  Rough-legged was
seen from the Cedar Island Trail flying toward Willard's  Island.  I post my
sightings online as well at _http://www.sunrisebirding.com/sightings.htm_
(http://www.sunrisebirding.com/sightings.htm) .

Gina Nichol
Sunrise Birding, LLC