[CT Birds] Ravens nests????

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Mar 21 16:59:07 EDT 2007

Dave's post reminds me how useful this list should turn out to be for
gathering specific information. I mentioned in passing shortly after the
list was up and running that I'd be interested in reports (public or
private) on raven nest sites in the state. The idea would be eventually to
publish some kind of summary in The Connecticut Warbler. We've got quite a
few more people on the list now so I'm going to ask again:

Here are sites I either know of or got recent reports on, in addition to
Dave Bingham's in Salem (ravens in Salem??? Who'd a thunk it??? Amazing
change in status). It pays to be circumspect with all reports of nesting
birds, so general information is fine. Fortunately ravens continue to choose
pretty inaccessible sites.

West Rock Ridge
Beacon Falls Gorge
West Suffield
Lover's Leap, New Milford
Machimoodus S.P., Moodus
Meriden cliffs
Lantern Hill, Ledyard (I think)
Black Rock S.P., Watertown

There are also some historic sites in the northern tier that I haven't
visited in a number of years, so I'll wait to hear the latest on them.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury