[CT Birds] Fox Sparrow, Eagles, Ducks, banded Geese, keeping records-Salem Farms?

Larry Nichols lvn600 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:59:45 EDT 2007

>From Larry Nichols:
3/21/06-Portland-There was a few things  I wanted to mention.-A Fox Sparrow
has showed up in my backyard for the last couple of days. I viewed about 50
Ring-necked Ducks and a dozen Wood Ducks from The Portland Fireman's Grounds
yesterday.Today I saw Wood Ducks, Great Blue herons, and a flock of Canada
Geese in the skating pond at Portland Fairgrounds. Some of the Geese had
neck collars.
Last year at this time Wilson's Snipe, American Wigeon, and Green-winged
tail were at the Portland  Fairgrounds.-Salmon River Boat launch has been
excellent for viewing Eagles and a variety of Ducks for the last couple of
weeks.

    Regarding keeping records-I want to keep specific records with numbers
of birds. I often get caught up in purely enjoying the birding and have a
difficult time remembering to count birds. I will give it another try.

  Also ,I remember seeing a report about Eastern Meadowlark being seen at
Salem Farms-Does anyone have directions for that location? Is it open to the
public?

Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
Presents today.
http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001