[CT Birds] Scarlet Tanager correction

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Fri Mar 23 08:13:22 EDT 2007

Did I say Wed?, it was Thursday 3/22.  When your retired one day is the same as all the others.

Lemmon <lemmon at snet.net> wrote:   While out walking around the block on Wed, 3/22,  we heard a Scarlet Tanager calling.  It may be early for them but the chip-burr call was unmistakable.  It was loud and clear.  We will try to relocate the bird and get a visual today. (We broke the birders cardinal rule - never go anywhere without your bins). Also had great looks at a Pileated WP working the dead trees in the same area.  Carol & Gary Lemmon, Branford.