[CT Birds] White-winged Dove - sad news

Sunshine sunny19682 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 23 16:12:27 EDT 2007

Fellow birders

It is my belief the WWD has been taken by a hawk.  Today upon my arrival
home, I found a pile of feathers under the tree where he has been feeding
along with his Mourning Dove companions.  The feathers I found were squared
off tail feathers with the white band and some white tipped coverts as well
as many other body and neck feathers.  There have been several hawks
patrolling my neighborhood - immature Cooper's Hawks and an adult Sharpie as
well as a Red shouldered Hawk.  If by some chance he escaped and I see him
again, I will report in.

Donna Lorello

Branford