[CT Birds] unknown bird

RUTH STGERMAINE rstgermaine at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 24 12:31:21 EDT 2007

Hi everyone, i just flushed out a bird of some sort in back yard not sure what it was i am going to give you all a description the best i can ect. here goes..    i have a well that over flows so my husband and i cleared out a spot, i put a few small rocks ect, i went to clear out the little stream( i mean little enough to bathe) we allow the stream to flow down the trench my husband dug, near the wet grass and leaves this bird took off from, it's muggy ect, now i did not even see this bird there and believe me i notice everything, it flew off with a typical flight pattern of a duck wings whistled in flight at least that's what it sounded like, light brownish color on back side,what i saw for underneath briefly was a buffy orangey color, definately not a mourning dove.any ideas would be great so i can narrow my search down in my field guide. it flew  into neighbors yard into pine tree but i lost view. it was not small like the song birds, bigger that a mourning dove. Thanks
 Lisa D

Lisa Dworak