[CT Birds] amer. woodcock

RUTH STGERMAINE rstgermaine at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 24 17:39:17 EDT 2007

Hi everyone, it was a woodcock for sure first that i know of for my yard, and a first for me. so i am happy. i saw him or her 3 times, i spent the day outside working in the yard, quite busy here today. Possibly a phoebe calling but no id. not sure.also had a bird down near my swamp i call it that, thought it was a female cardinal at first glance, but after it moved it was more of a rusty color on top buffy white below, i thought maybe a thrush which one not sure but i'm going to try to id that one. thanks for those that gave me ideas. gorgeous day today. happy birding Lisa D. Stafford Springs.

Lisa Dworak