[CT Birds] Hammonasset Pectoral

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Sun Mar 25 13:09:23 EDT 2007

I think it is an underappreciated point of seasonal status that Pectoral
Sandpipers are very early migrants. We don't get a lot of them at the front
end of their spring migration, but it's not unusual for the first ones to
appear in March. It's another bird to be looking for right now in the
appropriate places. They're pretty inconspicuous when the landscape is brown
and gray. Close looks through flocks of yellowlegs will sometimes turn then
up.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury