[CT Birds] Phoning in birds

Scott Ricker ptbagger at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 18:07:48 EDT 2007

Hello Nick,

As a birder who has been doing CBCs and bird watching in Mass. for about 25
years I see the cell phone as a great communication tool for birders. A
great example of this, I was with the Allen Bird Club on a local trip when
the individual that found the White-tailed Hawk in Hadley, MA. Called the
leader of our trip and immediately the scheduled stops for the day were
dropped and the group went up to Hadley and saw this beautiful raptor.

Having other birder's cell phone #s is something that will enhance the
quality of birds and increase the excitement for the CT birding community
which in turn should increase the # of birders and the value of a list such
as this. I'm not saying that everyone should have everybody's cell #, just
knowing who to call at the right time will be very beneficial.

Scott Ricker
Southwick, MA.
Ptbagger(Verizon(dot)net