[CT Birds] South Cove, wrong side for Gulls

Frederick Norton fjnorton6 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 25 18:27:41 EDT 2007

>From Fred Norton:
  3/25, Old Saybrook, South Cove, West Side from Soundview Ave, around 11:30 AM -- 3 NORTHERN SHOVELER, 2 NORTHERN PINTAIL.
  Madison, Hammonasset SP-- flyby NORTHERN GANNET, AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER.

  Interestingly, on the way home I stopped again to view the cove from the same location around 3:00 PM, and the ducks above, and a large flock of Green-winged Teal also there in late morning were all gone.  At this time saw mostly Black Ducks, and 3 American Wigeon.  I guess the ducks are migrating.   This side only had a small group of Bonaparte's Gulls.  Guess I should have looked at the North Side of the cove, but didn't.

  Fred Norton
  Ledyard