[CT Birds] Eurasian Wigeon, Snipe, Meadowlarks, Pintails etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 18:53:17 EDT 2007

  Hi All,

 After a successful search for smaller gull species yesterday I popped out to Compo Beach and Southport again today at low tide but it seemed as if things had moved on a pace as numbers of Bonaparte's had decreased to about half yesterdays numbers and neither rarer gull was around. Highlights were:

 Compo Beach,Westport: 1 AMERICAN PIPIT (just for a millisecond it could have been the Longspur!)
 Sherwood Island State Park, Westport: 1 EURASIAN WIGEON (on the Mill Pond - it was also there yesterday but I didn't see it and forgot to add it to my report), 9 WILSON'S SNIPE, 1 AMERICAN WOODCOCK, 5 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS.
 Southport Beach, Southport: 2 NORTHERN PINTAILS.

 Luke Tiller
 Wilton