[CT Birds] Field to phone to homebound friend to list: QED

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 20:06:10 EDT 2007

Well I'm not positive but somehow I feel like something was accomplished here.

  Three people stepped up to offer to act as sighting conduits from the field to the list...that's cool.
  Audubon Shop.
  Fat Robin.
  CT Audubon Ecotravel.

  Or you could say...

  I guess I agree with the commonsense of phoning a friend with sighting details who's at home who also belongs to the list-serve.  This seems to make a lot of sense until we all have blackberries and now that I think about it this is what lots of people already do in the field relaying sightings phone to phone...but by adding the list-serve to the mix many more people can be reached at once.  This is a lot of fun. I would not have gone to South Cove this morning if it were not for Nick and others post last night about BH Gull and Little Gull in different parts of the State and the POSSIBILITY of there being potential at South Cove Old Saybrook. The possibility paid off and I had a great day.

                                                        Bill Yule