[CT Birds] Bonaparte's Gulls: Numbers.

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 22:35:36 EDT 2007

The group of gulls that I watched this afternoon numbered about 50 Bonies, mixed adult and first winter basic plumage. The Blackheaded gull (Alternate aka Breeding plumage) foraged with one Bonie and then retired periodically to the mudflat with the group of 50 Bonies plus a few Herring Gulls. The Little Gull was a fly through, did not land.  It made one pass though the shore and went out of the cove. The LG was in basic plumage and as Clay notes w/gray cap and noticibly much smaller than the Bonies that were in the air at the time.

                                            Bill Yule

Dennis Varza <dennisvz at optonline.net> wrote:
  Does anyone have numbers on Bonaparte's Gulls Today?

The reports, talked about the BHGU and LIGU's but left out what I think
is the most interesting part.

Dennis Varza
Fairfield