[CT Birds] 4/16 - Milford Point PM

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:29:08 EDT 2007

>From Nick Bonomo:
4/16 - Milford, Milford Point -- LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (adult), 2
ICELAND GULLS (adult and first-winter), 2 NORTHERN SHOVELER

After an agonizing day at work (instead of sound-watching) I birded
Milford Point from 5:15-6:30pm. Other than the above highlights,
notable were 750 Herring Gulls, 200 Ring-billed Gulls, 175 Brant.

If I wasn't working tomorrow I would probably be on the ferry from New
London to Orient Pt, LI in search of any leftover seabirds that have
yet to exit the sound, or checking inland reservoirs. It will be
interesting to see the results of any sea watches conducted from
Massachusetts today.

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT