[CT Birds] southern migrants - HEADS UP

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Apr 18 18:42:21 EDT 2007

Below is an excerpt from a longer e-mail sent today by Paul Lehman about the track and results of the storm that brought us our Sooty Tern:

At Sandy Hook and nearby areas yesterday and today (though presumably
arrived Monday-Tuesday) were single Swainson's, Hooded, and Prothonotary
Warblers, Y-b Cuckoo(s), Blue Grosbeak and Indigo Buntings, and both
Scarlet and Summer Tanagers!!  In contrast, down here in Cape May, where
we were south of the low's center and thus not in the position to
benefit from this meteorological set-up, we've had mostly strong
westerly winds since Sunday PM and almost nothing of interest (although
coverage has been light!).

Like I said, heads up (and ears open)!!

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury