[CT Birds] White-faced Ibis - Yes Thursday Evening

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 20:58:37 EDT 2007

  Seen this evening at about 6.50pm. When I arrived at the park the few birders I spoke to seem to have struck out finding the bird late afternoon and early evening. It appears to me that the restoration area only seems to be used by the birds at highish tide when it contains water. The default area that they seem to head to are the rapidly diminishing pools on West Beach (only one really substantial one remains). With the number of people using West Beach in the afternoon today the birds weren't relocating there it seems so who knows where they go at that point? The WF Ibis reappeared late over in the huge pool of water at the end of West Beach ballfields. Also around were a male Blue-winged Teal in the pond near the nature centre along with the regular Little Blue Heron and a Marsh Wren was reeling away in the corner right next to the entrance to Willards Island.

 Luke Tiller
 Wilton/Essex