[CT Birds] Question Regarding Nesting Birds

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Fri Apr 20 20:27:53 EDT 2007

I am relatively new when it comes to reporting bird sitings and I would like
a clarification regarding appropriateness of reporting nesting birds.  I
checked the rules and regulations for reporting and didn't see anything
specific about nesting birds.  I have noticed several postings regarding
locations of eagle nests, osprey nests, piping plover nesting areas, and
peregrine falcon nests, some of these even with webcam internet
availability.
Since nesting season should be in full swing shortly, what is the exact
protocol for reporting, ie: if a bird is nesting don't report it at all or
just report it was seen but not that it was nesting?

Thanks,
Jan