[CT Birds] Birdcraft Banding Station report

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Sat Apr 21 12:44:24 EDT 2007

This morning we finally got to band after being delayed several days by
weather.  We had 2 HERMIT THRUSHES, 1 AMERICAN ROBIN, 1 GOLDFINCH, 2 GOLDEN
CROWNED KINGLETS (female), 4 RUBY CROWNED KINGLETS (male), 1 SWAMP SPARROW,
7 BROWN CREEPERS, 1 EASTERN PHOEBE and 4 WHITE THROATED SPARROWS (2
recaptures).  We have never had so many brown creepers at once so it was
very special.  We also saw a YELLOW RUMPED WARBLER in the sanctuary and a
passing birder reported a PINE WARBLER.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut