[CT Birds] reporting Kestrel locations

Tom Sayers sayers.tom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:40:48 EDT 2007

I have been following the discussion concerning reporting the location of
nesting birds with great interest. I am currently in the middle of  a
project that involves erecting 9 kestrel boxes all in habitat where kestrel
singles and pairs have been recently seen.  I will be documenting any
nesting success that may occur through the NDDB.  Since kestrel boxes tend
to be very visible, to report a pair of kestrels in this forum at location x
in town y is tantamount to divulging their nesting location. Not reporting
them at all would deprive others of having the chance to observe-at a
distance- these magnificent birds. I really don't know which way to go on
this and would appreciate hearing more from the experts on this
forum -specifically on the issue of kestrels.  Thanks. Tom Sayers