[CT Birds] Birding 201

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Thu May 17 21:59:54 EDT 2007

Birding 201 with Frank Gallo - CAS Coastal Center
First class of Birding 201 was awesome.  We began by observing on the  tower
on the marsh side.  We were taught how to observe the shore birds,  postures,
silhouettes &  their behaviors.
Observed  and compared Dunlin, short billed dowitchers, Semi palmated
plovers, black bellied plovers on the marsh side & snowy egret.
Then we went to the LIS side where we observed 129 Brant, a Least tern fly
by,
2 glossy ibis fly by,  1 black crowned night heron , 3  Oystercatchers
and an Oldsquaw (which really excited Frank) and me too.
class continued inside with discussion & slide show presentation &  test.
Thanks Frank!