[CT Birds] Alder Flycatcher...BEAR

semismart9 at aol.com semismart9 at aol.com
Sat May 19 15:25:14 EDT 2007

>From Bill Banks, Ed Sadowski and Greg Hanisek..

White Memorial, Bluff Point.....Alder Flycatcher... Wilson's Warbler

 From Bill Banks and Ed Sadowski... On the Little Pond Boardwalk about
11:30 AM, we were about 1/3 of the way around to the left, just at the
end of all the frags, etc, when we both looked back behind us. There on
the boardwalk, coming toward us , was a BLACK BEAR, about 250 pounds,
walking with a limp. Looked like the left rear paw was damaged.
Luckily, the BEAR decided to turn around and go back toward the
entrance.  We followed at a respectful distance, and did not see it
again.