[CT Birds] ID questions/Bird photos

Sunshine sunny19682 at comcast.net
Sun May 20 08:43:37 EDT 2007

I must give a huge round of thanks to all on this forum - its creation is
one of the best online mailing lists I could ever belong to, and the wealth
of wonderful people who are accessible by this medium has no price.  I feel
very privileged to be here and having access to help when I am stuck on an
ID and not sorry for starting the thread.  Since I classify myself as
somewhat experienced when it comes to birding (over novice level but not an
expert by any means), who better to turn to than those with more experience.
I have made my first line of defense the attempt of getting a reasonable
photo before hitting the books/internet for identification as well as
recording some behaviors, so my sadness in this case was not getting a good
working photo to pull a more definitive ID with - either ID would be a new
bird for my life list.  From recollection, this bird was indeed white/light
colored from the throat down.  The undertail coverts were pale yellowish.
The other thing I remember really striking me was the deeply notched tail
and the bill that reminded me of a White-breasted Nuthatch.

I'll see if I can get back to the same location today - maybe I'll get lucky
and hear a voice that might help solidify an ID or get a better picture.

In light of all, I do thank everyone for trying.

Donna Lorello
Branford