[CT Birds] Probable Wilson's Phalarope

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun May 20 16:24:58 EDT 2007

 Hi All,

 I just got an email from a regular CAS trip participant that there was a probable Wilson's Phalarope at Barn Island today. The report was of a bird about a third smaller than the 2 G. Yellowlegs it was associating with which had a dark back and a dark line running down the side of the neck with white belly and undertail. I know the observer is careful in the field though a little less experienced than some on here but the description of a long thinish, fairly long legged bird combined with the neck markings and their matching the sighting with the picture in sibley makes me think it couldn't be much else even though the bill size/shape wasn't noted. Anyway I thought local birders might be interested in keeping their eyes open.

 Regards,

 Luke
 Wilton/Essex