[CT Birds] bird window strikes

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 12 11:16:15 EDT 2007

Hey Patrick,

    There is a product that while not covering the entire window does use the technology you are refering to.  It's called "Window Alert" and they are decals that are in the shape of leaves and are not very noticable to us if we place them on our windows but as you aluded to, the birds can see them.    http://www.windowalert.com/  (NOT A SALES PITCH...) We sell them in our store and on our web site and are available in many places I suspect.  We have gotten pretty good feedback on them but they aren't a 100% cure for the problem. We use them ourselves and still have the occasional bump.  We've even put up a net that stands off our window about 6 inches... the type that you put over berry bushes etc to keep the birds from them... (not us!).  If they are going fast they still might hit the window but it's been a huge improvement.

Jim

The Fat Robin Wild Bird and Nature Shop
www.fatrobin.com
Jim Zipp Bird Photography