[CT Birds] bird window strikes

Clay Taylor ctaylor at att.net
Tue Jun 12 11:21:11 EDT 2007

Hi all -

There is one EASY way to vrtually eliminate bird strikes, but it needs to be
done when building the house, or retrofitting new windows - angle the window
so it faces DOWNWARDS (leaning out from the house).    The bird flying
toward the window sees the reflection of the ground in front of the window,
not the trees / bushes / sky in the surrounding area.    That flight path
now becomes a "dead-end", so it will turn away.

Obviously, window-stickers are a lot cheaper.....

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net