[CT Birds] late bluebirds

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 07:03:53 EDT 2007

Folks,

Earlier this year Jayne Amico noted some very early nestling bluebirds.  As
of yesterday, I've got one box with 3 nestlings in it that are about a week
old.  Two weeks ago when I last checked the boxes, expecting them all to be
empty of nestlings and eggs, I was surprised to find a new bluebird nest
with 4 eggs in it.  Yesterday, I was only able to see three nestlings.  The
4th (egg or nestling) couldn't be seen.

I've been checking these boxes for seven years, and this is more than a
month later than my previous latest nester.

Thanks,
JT

John Triana
jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
"Just take your shoes off and get soulful, ya know?" - Otis Redding