[CT Birds] wolf/coyote 8/28

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 22:13:44 EDT 2007

>From Bev Propen-Orange

I know this is a birding site, but I want to mention that what I thought  was
a beautiful huge gray wolf trotted through my Orange backyard Tuesday
morning, probably heading down the street to Indian River. It was  huge! I called
the DEP wildlife division, and the woman told me that most  likely it was a
coyote.  In CT there are no wolves, but apparently there is  a healthy, large
population of coyotes.  Would a coyote go after wild  turkeys?  Lots of those in
my area too.
It was very cool!