[CT Birds] wolf/coyote 8/28

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Aug 28 23:13:26 EDT 2007

Coyotes are getting larger and larger in the east.  Turkeys are certainly fair game and there are even reports of them preying on deer.  A wolf would be extremely unlikely and if there was a wolf, it would almost certainly be an escapee.  Wolves are bigger than most people think and can be up to 3' tall at the shoulder and in excess of 120 pounds.

Patrick