[CT Birds] Wolf/coyote and "alleged cougar sightings"

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Aug 29 22:08:44 EDT 2007

--- jaybrd49 at aol.com wrote:

> This is a very controversial issue and my own opinion is that it
> does not belong on this birding site.  Roy, if you disagree, feel
> free inform the masses and open the floodgates.  If anyone wants to
> reply to me personally, certainly do not hesitate to do so.

I don't get too concerned about occasional discussion of mammals if
it doesn't get carried away.  I have seen coyotes often enough, live
and as roadkill, but not everyone is up to date on their status and I
think it is something any birder would have at least a passing
interest in.  As for cougars, I have spoken to someone who firmly
believes they saw one in Naugatuck State Forest, but until someone
can provide some solid documentation there really isn't much to be
said.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT