[CT Birds] Sandy Pt: 2nd West Sand & I'm teaching in New Haven

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 22:09:21 EDT 2007

Around 4-4:15pm today at Sandy Point I saw a 2nd (or a zombie if it was the one
Frank M reported) WESTERN SANDPIPER, which was a juvenile.  Also a few of
the other birds Frank already mentioned.

I'd like to quickly let the birding community know that starting on Sept 4, 2007 I'm
going to be teaching science to 6th & 7th graders at the Barnard Environmental
Magnet School at 170 Derby Ave in New Haven.  I'm going to be commuting for a
while from Manchester, but I would like to move closer ASAP.  So, if anyone out
there really knows the New Haven area please email my personal address if you
know of a safe and affordable living arrangement within 20 minutes of Barnard - I'd
be willing to rent out a floor from someone/stay in an apartment -whatever.
Besides the birding spots, I don't know how to get around New Haven very well - I
got lost today trying to find the Board of Ed office.  Thanks for any advice anyone
may have.

-Tim