[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows shorebirds

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Aug 31 09:57:37 EDT 2007

All of these posts regarding Rocky Hill Meadows remind me that we need bird data for this area, as well as many other sites in the state.  Inland shorebird concentrations such as these are significant and need documentation and since Buff-breasted Sandpiper is of global conservation concern, any occurrence is worth noting.   Having the posts here is a big help, but please also consider logging significant sightings into eBird so that the local groups who are trying to gather bird data on the Rocky Hill/Wethersfield/Glastonbury Great Meadows area have easy access to the data and more ammunition to show that this is a special area.   This will also get such sites onto the radar screen of national or continental-scale projects that try to identify key areas for certain species.   Thanks!

Patrick