[CT Birds] Yellow-breasted Chat etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 21:04:23 EDT 2007

I spent a long but enjoyable day showing a fellow Brit the best of Fairfield County and Milford. Highlights for the day included:

Westport, Grace Salmon Park - 1 YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT? - A few seconds viewing before it vanished from view in a multiflora rose bush by the bench with a plaque with the name Geigerich on it on the left hand side of the park loop. Not surprisingly we couldn't relocate it.

Easton, TBV Orchard - 2 COMMON RAVEN, 4 BOBOLINK.

Milford, CAS Coastal Center - 12 juvie WESTERN SANDPIPERS (personally I was taken aback by the numbers there - but maybe this is not so uncommon?), 3 YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS, 1 YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO.

Stratford, Long Beach Blvd Flats - 1 'WESTERN' WILLET.

Startford, Access Rd Pool - 2 BLUE-WINGED TEAL

I'm sure I've missed a few things but anyway.

Luke Tiller
Wilton