[CT Birds] October birds

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Tue Oct 2 14:09:53 EDT 2007

CT Birders,

October first found a juvenile hummer still present but as of today he appears to be gone. I returned home from a trip to find a winter wren, yellow rumped warblers who are eating mealworms, and purple finch continuing.

As I watch migration progress there is still evidence of breeding birds, as fledgling waxwings are being fed  here and the constant persistent calls of fledgling goldfinch can be heard.

Waiting for my next hummer to show up hopefully something with some rufous on it, or better yet maybe that green breasted mango will head east :)))) I can only hope Mark and I have as much action as we did last year banding winter hiummingbirds!

>From Jayne Amico
10/2 --Southington yard --- WINTER WREN, PURPLE FINCH

Jayne/Southington