[CT Birds] 10/6 - Lighthouse Point Raptor Workshop

Sunrisebirding at aol.com Sunrisebirding at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 12:19:48 EDT 2007

10/6/07 - From Gina Nichol, Julian Hough, and Sunrise  Birding Raptor
Workshop:
New Haven, Lighthouse Point -- 10 MERLINS, 2  PEREGRINE FALCONS
Also: 5 Osprey, 4 Northern Harriers, 50  Sharp-shinned Hawks, 5 Cooper's
Hawk, 1 Broad-winged Hawk, 40 American  Kestrel

I post my sightings online as well at
_http://www.sunrisebirding.com/sightings.htm_ (http://www.sunrisebirding.com/sightings.htm) .
Driving to Lighthouse this morning and seeing the weather, I wondered if we
should have postponed the Raptor Identification Workshop because of the fog.
I'm  glad we didn't!  We had great looks at several falcons and good
comparative  looks at Sharp-shinned and Cooper's Hawk.  Buteos were low but the rest
made up for it.  You never know!

Gina Nichol
Sunrise Birding, LLC
_www.sunrisebirding.com_ (http://www.sunrisebirding.com)