[CT Birds] Station 43 HAS Trip

Carl Ekroth cekroth at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 6 14:52:24 EDT 2007

This morning I lead a trip to station 43 for Hartford Audubon.  Among the 59 species we had were: 6 COMMON MERGANSERS, 2 MERLIN, 1 SORA, 2 WILSON'S SNIPE, 2-3 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS, 1 GOLDEN CROWNED AND 3 RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS, c. 20 AMERICAN PIPITS, 1 FEMALE SCARLET TANAGER, 1 possible VESPER SPARROW, 1 imm. and 1 adult WHITE CROWNED SPARROW and 2-3 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS.  On a sad note, we found the remains of an American Kestrel that had been devoured this morning.