[CT Birds] movies don't give a hoot

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 7 08:40:23 EDT 2007

>From the Washington Post a couple of weeks ago:Movies Don't Give a Hoot By Graham Chisholm,Sunday, September 16, 2007 Page B02

In James Mangold's new blockbuster Western "3:10 to Yuma," the first time we meet Ben Wade, played by tough-guy actor Russell Crowe, he is making a natural history sketch of a bird just minutes before carrying out yet another murderous stagecoach robbery. The scene establishes Wade not only as a complex character, but as a savvy birder who takes the time to document what is surely the first and only sighting in the United States of Africa's augur buzzard ...

The rest is at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/14/AR2007091401969.html

Chris Elphick
Storrs, CT
elphick at sbcglobal.net