[CT Birds] Evening Grosbeak, Colchester

p.s.holden at comcast.net p.s.holden at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 15:28:38 EDT 2007

Good afternoon all....  my turn to report an EVENING GROSBEAK on my feeder around 3:00.  I only saw the one, but heard others.

While watching the feeding frenzy in my yard, I also noticed two FOX SPARROWS, two RED BREASTED NUTHATCHES, four PINE SISKINS, two HAIRY WOODPECKERS, four PURPLE FINCHES, and the usuals... chickadees, tufted titmice, LBJ's, doves, etc.  White throated sparrows and juncos have been here for a while, as have the red-breasted nuthatches but the hairy woodpeckers have been non-existent here since last winter.  I've missed them and am happy to see they're back!

Pam
Colchester (North Westchester)

>From Pam Holden:
11/02 - Colchester Yard - EVENING GROSBEAK, FOX SPARROWS, RED BREASTED NUTHATCHES, PINE SISKINS