[CT Birds] Allen's Meadows Directions

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 21:14:27 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Directions
for Allen’s below. You should spot the entrance as it is surrounded by area of
road maintenance at the moment (Route #7 widening). When you get there and turn into the park driveway
turn slight right and then immediately left driving the paved road with the
black high mesh fencing running parallel to your right. Turn right at the end
of the fence by the batting cage and drive down the gravel road as far as it
will go towards the community gardens park here and walk the gravel path at a
right angle to the rd you came in on (towards the dirt mounds at the back). When
you hit the end of the garden plots turn right. In the second plot along in the
back corner is where Joe and I put some seed down and this is where the bird
ended the day feeding. I hope it stays right there.

Luke

Directions:

>From the South and West:

Take I-95 North to Exit 15, Rt. 7 North OR take the Merritt Parkway to Exit 39,
Rt. 7 North. Follow Rt. 7 North for approx. 5 miles until you pass the Wilton High
  School on your left. You will come to a traffic
light for the YMCA. Continue past the light for approx. 100 yards. Entrance to
the fields is on the left.

>From the North:

I-84 to Route 7 South into Wilton.
After passing Olmstead Hill Road
and an assisted living facility on your right, take your next right into
Allen's Meadows.

>From the East Merritt Parkway:

Get off Exit 41 Route 33. Take a left at the bottom of the ramp. Continue on 33
until it merges into Route 7. After you pass the Wilton High School
on your left, you will come to a traffic light for the YMCA. Continue past the
light for approx. 100 yards. Entrance to the fields on the left.