[CT Birds] Westport Thursday AM

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 13:25:03 EST 2007

Hi All,

Quick jaunt around Compo, Sherwood and Southport Beach this morning proved pretty quiet . The usual LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL was at Burying Hill. A flock of 19 Snow Buntings decided to perch in the trees at Compo Beach which was something of a novelty.  A couple of Greater Yellowlegs on the Sherwood Mill Pond looked promising for the CBC. At Sherwood there was very little around. I had a small flock of 15 Redpolls fly over me at about 8:05am and then one more small group of 3 or 4 at about 9:00am and then just 4 that flushed out of the trees at East Beach about 9:30am. I guess the big flock must have upped and left? Apart from that a few flocks of migrating blackbirds (that included a few cowbirds) and a group of Snow Buntings (that could have been the same ones as at Compo later) were about the only things moving through.

Regards,

Luke Tiller

?