[CT Birds] Brown Creeper

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 16:56:44 EST 2007

>From Bev Propen 12/7-Orange

I ventured over to Osbornedale State park to hopefully catch a  view of the
Western Flycatcher.  I was there from 10:30AM-11:30AM and  joined some other
birders who were there longer than I was.  Unfortunately  from earlier that
morning til I left at 11:30AM there were no sightings of the  Western
Flycatcher.  I hope some of the later birders that day got a view  of it.  It is always
nice to meet and chat with fellow birders but I had  hoped to see the
Flycatcher.

However when I returned home,  in my backyard at 12:15PM  a brown creeper was
working the trunk of my flowering plum tree.  I had a  brown creeper here
several years ago, but this was a nice surprise for me, after  not seeing the
Western Flycatcher.