[CT Birds] Barkhamsted Reservoir (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Mon Dec 24 13:21:06 EST 2007

Went out for a couple hours  this morning and drove around the north end of the Barkhamsted Reservoir.  It was quit windy so birds were far and few.  At the north end I heard some RED CROSSBILLS fly over but never saw them.  From the Saville Dam I observed an imm. BALD EAGLE and 27 HOODED MERGANSERS with four COMMON MERGANSERS mixed in.  CEDAR WAXWINGS were also present in small flocks ~ no larger waxwings mixed in though.  A couple COMMON REDPOLLS flew over as well.

Have a Happy Holiday,

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles
www.riversidereptiles.com