[CT Birds] Pine grosbeaks - Norfolk

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 26 14:27:23 EST 2007

The pine grosbeaks continue in the crab apples trees on the lane leading to the Senior Housing off Shepard Road in Norfolk. When I arrived at 10:10 AM today (Dec 26) I saw two male and three female/immature pine grosbeaks. There was a couple from Newton who had been here since 9 AM. They said the birds were not there when they first arrived, then appeared, flew off, and then appeared again. I watched the birds for about 20 minutes before ten birds flew off. The couple from Newton said they had seen three male pine grosbeaks. A nice "holiday" life bird for me.

David Babington
Washington, CT