[CT Birds] Question on Finch Eye Disease?

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Dec 29 10:42:01 EST 2007

Hi Jan, others who might be interested:
    I'm too sick to gather up any of my own thoughts on this, but Cornell has a comprehensive site on the eye disease that should help answer any questions you may have.  You might want to start at their FAQ page.  From that page:
What should I do if I see a bird with conjunctivitis?
Take down your feeders and clean them with a 10% bleach solution (1 part bleach and 9 parts water). Let them dry completely and then re-hang them. Also, rake underneath the feeder to remove old seed and bird droppings.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/hofi/hofifaqs.html

Patrick Comins, Meriden, CT