[CT Birds] PG's at Under Mountain Road, Canaan

A W antpitta8 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 16:34:52 EST 2007

I enjoyed the Pine Grosbeaks in Norfolk today (12-29).  Thanks to all for updates.
  I also checked Under Mountain Road in Canaan @10:30am.  Came across a large flock (200+) of Cedar Waxwings.  While checking for Bohemians (none), 4 Pine Grosbeaks joined the flock.  Location is field south of Under Mountain Road, just to east of Barnes Road and stream.  There is a parking spot just east of stream bridge next to old farm structure.  I asked nearby homeowner for permission to walk field and treeline.  Also seen: am. robin, house finch, eur. starling, tree sparrow, white throated sparrow, RT hawk, RB woodpecker, blue jay, am. goldfinch.

  Peace,
  Allan Welby
  Ridgefield