[CT Birds] CT Species Reported so far in 2008

james.bair at snet.net james.bair at snet.net
Mon Jan 7 18:56:11 EST 2008

Dear Dave:

You wrote:

132 species reported so far for 2008. Some missing species that are
certainly in CT but not actually reported yet  this year (unless I missed
it, a real possibility) include; King Eider, Northern Harrier, Ruddy
Turnstone, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Short-eared Owl, Winter Wren, and
Eastern Meadowlark. Oh ya, there is no doubt that somewhere in CT there are
more Bohemian Waxwings!

For what it is worth, I had at least one Northern Harrier on 1/2/08 at Hammonasset. I am sure others saw it hawking the fields and marshes as well.

Jim Bair