[CT Birds] New Haven birds

Carl Ekroth cekroth at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 16:47:28 EST 2008

I was working at the New Haven harbor generating station, on the east shore of the harbor and found myself with some time.  I checked around the harbor itself and found an adult male NORTHERN SHOVELER and 6-8 LONG-TAILED DUCKS.  In the tangled area between the power plant and the sewage treatment plant I found 2 PALM WARBLERS, 1 male NASHVILLE WARBLER (believe it or don't) and the four NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS, that have been hanging around the sewage treatment plant, were at one time sitting on a wire over my head.  There was also an immature BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON in a tree in the same place.